Keys To Being A Great Networker (Mixer/Smoozer):
- Dress appropriately and get to events early.
- Bring plenty of business cards.
- Make a goal to meet five new people in an hour.
- Never start a conversation by talking about yourself.
- When talking about your company, make your explanation short.
- Keep your conversation short and focused.
- Never sit with colleagues from your own company at an event.
- Never sit with a friend you normally socialize with at an event.
- Never talk about sports, weather, or entertainment at a business event.
- Always send a letter to the people you want to know within two business day following the event.
- Confidently introduce yourself and deliver a firm handshake.
- Make eye contact and smile with everyone you meet
- Never let your eyes wander, even if you’re bored, especially when listening to others…
- Eat immediately if the event that you are attending is a stand-up affair and finger food is served.
- Move around constantly.
- Escape politely if you’ve struck the party bore.
- Don’t just ask for a Job and give a business card, learn about the other person first. Build the relationship..
- Don’t come off with a underlying hidden agenda. People can sense your intentions…